Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Gettin' Ready

Yesterday was another doctor's appointment for me and the doctor said, "Are you ready?" I said, "Almost." She promptly replied, "Well, you better get ready." Baby "three" is getting close to ready to come join us in this wonderful world and we are excited. To spare you all the details that some of you may not want to read about ... the doctor said it could be any day now or could be a few more weeks. She said she would induce me if I was uncomfortable but I think I'll just wait and see what happens naturally. When I got home yesterday we decided it was time to put the car seat in the car for fear it was going to take forever and be the cause of a few choice words by both of us. We headed outside to tackle the car seat and 5 minutes later....it was done! So, either they are making these things much easier to install these days, everyone was over dramatic about how hard it would be, or we did something wrong!!!! :-) Our neighbors joined us for the 5 minute event and we had fun laughing with them about how much baby stuff has changed since they had kids (their youngest is in high school now). They always get a kick out of seeing all the new gadgets we bring home for the baby!!!!

I am still working and hope to right up until the last possible minute, giving me more time off with the baby. It's getting harder to come to the office but luckily I am blessed with an amazing boss and job that allows me to work from home when I need to. We will be sure to keep you all posted via the blog, phone calls, text messages, facebook and whatever means we can to let you know when baby "three" has arrived. Please pray for our little peanut that he/she makes it here happy and healthy (and throw in a little prayer for me if you would- I must admit that labor is not something I am looking forward too).

4 comments:

Niki said...

I will definitely send quick labor/ healthy baby vibes your way! How exciting!! Please keep us posted, you're going to be an amazing mommy!!!

One Crowded House said...

you are a tough cookie... you will do great!

I am so excited!!!

The Perkins Family said...

I can't believe that it's already time! I'm so excited for you! Keep us all posted because we can't wait for baby "three" to join this big wonderful world.

Laura said...

Labor is definittely not something to look forward to, but the end result will be more than worth the effort, trust me. You guys are going to be amazing parents and we couldn't be happier for you! So anxious to hear of your wonderful little blessing making his or her grand entrance into this world! Sending lots of love and hugs and keeping you in our prayers. Hope your birthday was great!