Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Big Weekend

Scott and I had a wonderful holiday weekend. We headed to Mississippi to spend the long weekend with my brother's family. I forgot my camera, of course, so unfortunately I don't have any photos to post. We spent the weekend painting, playing Rock Band, riding bikes, reading books, the boys hit the links and of course we watched the Steelers make it to the Super Bowl! We had a fabulous weekend and it was (as always) worth every second of the 7 hour drive! Our other big news is we went to the doctor on Friday and watch out world there is baby Merkle on the way. 12 weeks and counting. We saw the baby and his/her heartbeat on Dec 19 but wanted to get through the first tri-mester before telling everyone. We are now there and the baby has a really strong and fast heartbeat. Old wives tales say that is a sign of a baby girl but only time will tell. I'm not sure if I believe in those old wives tales or not????? Anyway, we are doing well and very excited for our little one to get here. Late July/early Aug is when we are due. So that gives everyone a few more months to get prepared for another Toehead to be running around!!! Overall it was a great weekend and it's been a blessed start to 2009!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm crying! I'm just so happy for you guys!!!

Niki said...

CONGRATS!!! How are you feeling? 12 weeks is a good place to be. The 2nd trimester is the best! Any crazy cravings? Keep us posted! Congrats again!