Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Watch Out for Falling Walls

So, Friday I got a phone call from Campus Security. You can imagine my concern when I saw their number on my caller ID. What the heck could they be calling me for? Well, as it turns out the unthinkable happened and it happened to us! Here at Belmont they are blasting to build another parking garage under the new Health Sciences building they plan to build over the next year. Long story short - I park in a parking garage near where they are blasting, as do probably thousands of other people throughout the day. Well, part of the wall of the garage busted with the afternoon blast! And as luck would have it, that part of the wall happen to be above the parking space I parked in and only that parking space! So yes, the wall fell down and beat up our car a little bit. There are just a few dents and scratches to deal with. I'm still waiting on all the construction folks insurance people to call me and let me know what they need me to do! What a way to start the weekend or end the work week I guess! Here are a few photos, although they don't really show you much since our car is dark colored. I tried a few times to get a better picture but gave up!



3 comments:

Laura said...

Oh my goodness! What luck you have!!! THE only spot, huh? Wow. Well, I guess it could have been a lot worse, huh? Good luck with the insurance company!!!

Anonymous said...

did you get it fixed yet?

LMerkle said...

They are fixing it this week. We should have it back tomorrow.