Wednesday, November 19, 2008

German Deli








We (mostly me) have been missing some of our favorite things from Germany lately! In the three years we lived (5 for Scott) there we grew to love many things about Germany. Some of those things were different foods and beverages that we can't get here in the States. I brought some of these things home in our Household goods but I didn't want to use any of them for fear that I might never have them again! The other day I was thinking about what my Grandma Emery once told us, "enjoy your ice cream now while you can. There will come a time when you don't even want the things you once loved. Enjoy them while you can and while you appreciate their goodness!" Basically, she was using the ice cream my parents and aunt were eating that day (which they were saying they shouldn't be eating) as a metaphor to ENJOY LIFE EVERY DAY and fill it with all the things and people you love!!! Don't wait for tomorrow to do what you dream of, do it today! Man I miss my Granny, she was a wise woman. Long story short, I finally began using all these German sauces, mixes, foods, and drinks we love so much and sure enough a few days later I found this web-site which will allow me to stock up when I am ready to do so. http://www.germandeli.com/ It seems legit to me and they have several of the items I have been wishing I could find here in TN. (They even offer discounts to the Military) So, we are now enjoying a few of the things we miss so dearly and savoring them bite by bite!!! Often remembering all the GOOD TIMES we had in Europe over a delicious dinner TOGETHER. It's as close to the real thing as we can get so WE'LL take it!

2 comments:

Laura said...

You are so cute! I just adore that you find such a positive way of looking at things. Sounds like I would have loved your Granny, too! See you soon!
Love ya!

One Crowded House said...

that is so cool- glad you found a place to get your yummies...