Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanks-giving

Well, we are heading to NJ in a few hours for this years Thanksgiving Celebration with the Merkle Family. As we reflect on all we have been blessed with we want to say thank you to our Lord and Savior who provides for us bountifully and graciously. We are so thankful for our families and for the relationships we have with each of them, for their strength, encouragement, and love through the good times and the not so good times. We are grateful that we have wonderful friends to brighten each day. We are thankful for our military men and women. They are always in our hearts and prayers. We are thankful for each morning (although I hate getting up and Scott says he loves me after 9am because before that I am a monster), each day and each night we are blessed to continue this life here on earth. We are thankful that there is life after death and that those we so dearly love are with our maker in Heaven, looking down over us and watching over us - our guardian angels. We are thankful that we have all we need in this life; we are provided for, cared for and loved. Last but not least, I am thankful for my wonderful and loving husband. He makes me so proud by the way he lives his life, the way he loves life, savors the goodness in others, and the way he lets his light shine bright no matter how hard things are. He has endured a lot and I am so thankful for the man it all has made him become, although I do wish he would pick up after himself a little bit more :-). I love you hubby and I am so thankful God chose me to grow old with you!!!!

To all of you who read this, Thank you for being a part of our lives and thank you for all that you do for us. We are blessed to have you in our lives. Happy Thanksgiving to all and please take a minute to pray for our military and their families this holiday. Pray that each of them, despite all they are facing, may know peace beyond all understanding and that they may feel the hands of the Lord protecting them each step of their journey.

1 comment:

Laura said...

precious, Laura. Thank you for always refocusing my attention on what truly matters. Great to see you guys!
Love you!