Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Veterans Day
As I sit here at my desk I can't help but reflect on all today means to me and to our family. A lot of emotions run through my head but most of all I am humbled as I think about all the men and women I am blessed to know (and those I don't know) that have made sacrifices for our country. They have unselfishly gone where others don't dare dream of going and they have without hesitation put you and I first. Our freedoms are what they value and the future of our country is what they fought and continue to fight for. They are some of the bravest and most honorable people I know. They embody what true courage is and they are OUR real American HEROES. I am so thankful for all of God's blessings and I can only hope and pray that his grace and goodness continues to shine over each of our military personnel and families now and forever. Our veteran's are owed a debt of gratitude that can never really be repaid, yet the strongest and bravest of them all think they have done nothing special, it's just what they do! Well today especially I am so thankful that there are men and women out there who without hesitation will give of themselves for you and I. We are eternally grateful for those who have gone before us in the name of freedom and in our family, their names and faces will never be forgotten. Happy Veterans Day to all of our military past and present and thank you for your service!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Thank you to YOUR family!
I love the picture of you guys in your profile. You are cuties :)
AMEN! You guys are amazing and I in all seriousness, thank you, Toehead for your unselfish sacrifices. I know jokes are always made about you and Andy, but you are loved and your service to our country is appreciated more than I can say. And thank you, Laura, for the sacrifices you have made, too. I know you guys have been through so much together in such a short amount of time and what a blessing that you can look back on it all now with such grace. Love you both!
ok- I just had to add that the picture of you at the top of your blog is sooooo adorable!!!
Post a Comment